Gerhard Kienle Chair of Medical Theory, Integrative and Anthroposophic Medicine at Witten/Herdecke University
Gerhard Kienle Lehrstuhl für Medizintheorie, Integrative und Anthroposophische Medizin
|University of Witten-Herdecke|
The Gerhard Kienle Chair of Medical Theory, Integrative and Anthroposophic Medicine is an endowed chair at Witten/Herdecke University in Germany named after the physician Gerhard Kienle. The chair is located at the Herdecke Community Hospital. Funding is provided by the Software AG Foundation. The chair was founded in 1996.
It was established in 1993 for Peter Matthiessen, who had previously been commissioned by the German government to conduct the first academic survey of complementary medicine in Germany "unconventional medical directions (UMR)" and "unconventional methods of cancer treatment (UMK)", continued this, and was then one of the founders of the Dialogforum Pluralismus in der Medizin. He was also a co-founder of the University of Witten/Herdecke. Throughout his life, he advocated pluralism of methods and theories in medicine.
After his retirement in 2009, became his successor on the chair, after he had previously built up the lectureship for at the at the for 14 years.
For this reason, in 2009 the UW/H Chair was renamed from "Gerhard Kienle Chair of Medical Theory and Complementary Medicine" to "Gerhard Kienle Chair of Medical Theory, Integrative Medicine and Anthroposophic Medicine". Peter Heusser's successor in Bern, Ursula Wolf was also appointed professor of anthroposophically extended medicine there in 2014.
Heusser was for many years an expert on the evaluation for complementary medicine for the Swiss Federal Ministry ("Bundesämter") for Social Security and for Health. He is still an extraordinary member of the Swissmedic Medicines Expert Committee as an expert in anthroposophic medicine.
Through his initiative, a Clinical Research and Teaching Center (FLZ) was established at the Herdecke Community Hospital, where GCP-compliant studies on Anthroposophic Medicine(AM) procedures and homeopathy are conducted. The FLZ is part of the Center for Clinical Research of the UW/H. The aim is the research of Anthroposophic Medicine according to valid scientific standards.
List of the chair holders
- The chair holds the Interprofessional Graduates Programme for Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences (IGIM)
- Website of the chair https://www.uni-wh.de/gkls/lehrstuhl/
- Martin Adler (2010), Karin Kraft, Rainer Stange (ed.), Lehrbuch Naturheilverfahren [Textbook naturopathy], Georg Thieme Verlag, p. 802, ISBN 9783830453338
- Bülent Erdogan-Griese (30 November 2012). "Nordrheinische Ärzteschaft gedenkt Professor Jörg-Dietrich Hoppe" [North Rhine Medical Association commemorates Professor Jörg-Dietrich Hoppe] (in Deutsch). Ärztekammer Nordrhein. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Steffen Gerber (26 April 2013). "Balanceakt zwischen Krankenhaus und Uni" [Balancing act between hospital and university]. WAZ (in Deutsch). Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Klaus-Dietrich Bock und Manfred Anlauf. "Am Ende des Weges: Magie als Kassenleistung ? Die Jünger STEINERs in der Gesundheitspolitik" [At the end of the road: magic as a health insurance service ?] (in Deutsch). Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Zwischen praktischer Hilfe für Ärzte und Forschung" [Between practical help for doctors and research]. WAZ (in Deutsch). 24 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Kay Gropp Pressestelle, private Universität Witten/Herdecke gGmbH (9 July 2009). "Gerhard Kienle Lehrstuhl für Medizintheorie, Integrative und Anthroposophische Medizin besetzt" [Gerhard Kienle Chair of Medical Theory, Integrative and Anthroposophic Medicine filled] (in Deutsch). idw - Informationsdienst Wissenschaft. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Reglement der Swissmedic Medicines Expert Committees (SMEC), swissmedic, 2 February 2015
- "Lehrstuhl, Geschichte des Lehrstuhls" [University of Witten/Herdecke, Gerhard Kienle Chair of Medical Theory, Integrative and Anthroposophic Medicine]. Universität Witten/Herdecke, Gerhard Kienle Lehrstuhl für Medizintheorie, Integrative und Anthroposophische Medizin (in Deutsch). Retrieved 26 July 2021.
- "Ruf an den Lehrstuhl für Integrative Medizin" [Call to the Chair of Integrative Medicine]. Westfalenpresse (in Deutsch). 25 August 2017. Retrieved 2021-07-26.