Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health
|Predecessor||Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine|
|Headquarters||Lake Oswego, OR 97035|
The Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health is an association of academic medical institutions practicing integrative medicine with a focus in the US. In 2021 their membership includes about 75 academic medical centers, nursing schools, and health systems.
- Supporting and mentoring academic leaders, faculty, and students to advance integrative healthcare education, research, and clinical care.
- Disseminating information on rigorous scientific research, educational curricula in integrative health, and sustainable models of clinical care.
- Informing health care policy.
The Consortium of Academic Medical Centers for Integrative Medicine started as a visionary concept shared by eight academic medical institutions in 1999, during a meeting at the Fetzer Institute in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The group of eight institutions pledged a strong commitment to the vision of integrative medicine and the development of its role in healthcare delivery, shaped by several core values.
Its founding members were the Integrative Medicine centres at the following eight universities: Duke University, Harvard University, Stanford University, San Francisco University of California, Arizona University (Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine), Maryland University, University of Massachusetts, and University of Minnesota.
In 2005 to become a member, either the dean or chancellor were required to commit to developing programs in research, education, and clinical delivery of CAM and the school had to demonstrate an organized and robust program in two of those three areas.
In January 2015 the Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine changed its name to the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health.
The Consortium has received initial and continuing support from the Bravewell Collaborative.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "MISSION & VISION". The Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- ↑ "History". Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health. Retrieved 2021-09-20.
- ↑ "Consortium of Academic Medical Centers for Integrative Medicine in the USA". INSTITUTE FOR TCIM/CAM. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- ↑ Complementary and Alternative Medicine IN THE UNITED STATES (PDF). Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press. 2005. p. 22. OCLC 1261939438.
- ↑ Email request to Jennifer Jones, Account Associate of the IM Consortium on 2 October 2021.